Monday, April 7, 2008

Jenkins: The Road To Beijing: Part 1


Colin is writing for Slowtwitch detailing his quest to qualify for the Canadian Olympic Triathlon Team. Check out his first article:

The Road To Beijing: Part 1

Written by: Colin Jenkins
Date: Sun Apr 06 2008

"Hello Slowtwitch World and welcome to my first post in a new column documenting my journey to Olympic selection and then hopefully to the BIG SHOW in August in Beijing, China.

For all of those who have no idea who I am, my name is Colin Jenkins, and I am a Canadian Triathlete on the National Team racing on the World Cup circuit. We travel all around the World and race everywhere from exotic destinations to big municipality cores, all in hopes of getting those coveted Olympic and World Cup points that are essential to getting your country an Olympic spot and being selected to the team. The selection criteria set up by the ITU and your individual country is pretty complicated, and I will not get into the details in this post; I will leave it for a later one."

Read the rest on Slowtwitch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment