Friday, April 18, 2008

The Road To Beijing: Part 2, by Colin Jenkins


Colin has posted the second installment of his blog on Slowtwitch, this time reporting after his race in Ishigaki Japan.

The Road To Beijing: Part 2

Written by: Colin Jenkins
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008

Domo Arigato Mr. Robato, and hello Slowtwitchers!

Since my last post a couple weeks back I have been to New Zealand and if you could not tell from my title, I have also been to Japan to race in two more World Cups. The first one taking place in the relatively small town of New Plymouth on the north island in New Zealand and the second one in the small fishing community of Ishigaki located on a small island not far from Taiwan. Both places are incredibly scenic with New Plymouths views of Mount Taranaki and the amazing coastline, and Ishigaki with its beautiful turquoise colored water and palm trees. It is the second time that I have been to Ishigaki and although they have many years experience putting on this World Cup event, I was equally surprised again at the organization and professionalism put into the race. I would have probably never visited these small communities if it were not for these races and I am lucky and glad that I got the chance to visit. "

Read the rest on Slowtwitch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment