Thursday, June 12, 2008

CBC Olympic Blogs

Vancouver triathlon: ‘Not a fun two hours’

Posted by Colin Jenkins | Jun 11, 08 11:55 AM

The World Championships this past weekend will be remembered for the cold, wet conditions the athletes had to endure in Vancouver. By the time the men's race had rolled around Sunday afternoon the rain had stopped but the water temperature was barely 11 degrees and the air temperature in the low teens.

There were some strategies I used to try to keep myself warm before and during the race that seemed to work OK but there was not much that I could do to make sure that all my muscles stayed warm out on the course.

The race did not go according to my plans. I seemed to have an off day and could not relax during the race. The energy was not there and I suffered right from the get-go. It was not a fun two hours.

More at CBC.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment