Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meet Paul Tichelaar


Meet Paul Tichelaar

Written by: Herbert Krabel
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008

Paul Tichelaar just won the 2008 Trisports.com Desert Classic Duathlon and is focusing now to qualify for the Canadian Olympic Team. We wanted to know more about this ITU triathlete.

ST: Paul, you just beat a great field at the 2008 Trisports.com Desert Classic Duathlon. You must be very happy with this kind of 2008 season start?

Paul: I am really excited about the result. I was hoping to get off to a great start to the 2008 season and this race was my first really big effort and first test. I've made a lot of changes to my training since last season. I have a new coach, Joel Filliol, I quit my job as an electrical engineer to train full time, I've lost weight, and I am now very focused and dedicated to triathlon. It is good to see these changes paying off. The week before the race I called Simon Whitfield out on my blog telling him I was going to give him a run for his money. I’ve never beaten him in a race and I think a lot of that is mental. For the first time I believed I could beat him and that made all the difference.

More on Slowtwitch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment