Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Whitfield: Training through the 'hunger' pains

Whitfield: Training through the 'hunger' pains

Dave Leeder, today at 3:10 PM EDT

Ugh. My alarm clock. Before I'm even awake I dream about the damn thing. but not as much as I fear my total dependence on "must have food now", that feeling that without food at that moment I will shrivel up and pass out*. Combine those things together and it's a pefect storm for disaster.

It's moments after 5 a.m. and I've already started my "hunger bonk". But for now my mind is still on the blasted alarm. I should just throw it away or better yet bring it to Beijing in August, find out where Tim Don is staying and tuck the evil little noise machine under his bed, order up a 4 a.m. start for monsieur Don and slink off to laugh about it with coach Joel.

More on the Globe and Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment